Las Vegas is rated 12 on the crime index, meaning that it is 12% safer than other U.S cities. When it comes to crime, Las Vegas is the city that never sleeps. In this article, we’ll list the Las Vegas crime stats for 2021. These stats are provided by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and other sources around the Las Vegas valley.
Las Vegas Violent Crime Stats 2021
In 2021, Las Vegas had 7,642 violent crimes reported. If you live in Las Vegas, your chances of becoming a victim of a violent crime are 1 in 182. Below
Las Vegas Murder Stats 2021
- In 2021, Las Vegas had 139 murders. That’s a 51% increase from 92 murders in 2020.
- 95 of these murders were committed by gunshot, with 19 blunt trauma murders following at the second most weapon used for murder.
- There were 112 male victims and 27 female victims.
- Out of 139 murders, 25 involved a gang member. This accounted for 18% of all murders.
- Of these murders, 17 were justifiable.
- The highest number of murders happened in Downtown Las Vegas with a total of 23.
Las Vegas Rape Stats 2021
- There were a total of 1,135 rapes in Las Vegas in 2021.
- Rape went up a total of 6.3% from 2020.
- Of those rapes, 294 were family.
- Of those rapes, 773 were known to the victim. An increase of 12.4% from 2020.
Las Vegas Robbery Stats 2021
- There were 1,304 robberies in Las Vegas in 2021.
- Robberies decreased by -20.4% compared to 2020.
Las Vegas Aggravated Assualt Stats 2021
- In 2021, there were 5,064 assaults in Las Vegas.
- Aggravated assaults decreased by -13.8% compared to 2020.
- Of these 1,855 were committed with a firearm.
- 1,285 were committed with a knife.
Las Vegas Home Security Stats 2021
- There were a total of 40,213 property crimes in Las Vegas.
- This is an increase of 11% from 2020.
- In 2021 there were 7,437 burglary crimes reported. An increase of 7.6% from 2020.
- There were 24,573 larceny-theft crimes reported, which is an increase of 8.6%.
- There were also 8,203 motor vehicle thefts which went up 22.5% from 2020.
Home Security is Important in Las Vegas
Las Vegas crime stats can be disturbing. By arming yourself with the information, you can do your part in protecting yourself from these crimes in 2021 and beyond. It’s important to stay aware of everyday safety measures when it comes to Las Vegas crime.
Home Security Tips for 2022
Keep up with the crime in your neighborhood. You can do this by reading your local newspaper or watching news highlights on television. Knowing what is happening in your city will help you to prepare for any coming dangers.
Maintain Your Home Security System
Your home security system needs to be in good condition at all times. This includes alarm systems, sensors, lighting, locks, fencing, and anything else related to home security. There are even wireless cameras that make it easy to keep an eye on things around your house while away from home.
Know the Top Burglary Spots in Your City
It’s also important to research where burglaries are most likely to occur. You can find out this information by looking at crime maps for your city. This will help you identify areas of your neighborhood where extra security is needed.
Be Aware of Your Surroundings
Being aware is an important part of staying safe. Keep track of who may be following or watching you, and report any suspicious characters to the police immediately. It’s a good idea not to go jogging late at night either, especially if it isn’t necessary. Try sticking with well-lit paths when running or walking after dark.
You must observe all safety precautions when you leave your house empty. It’s best not to advertise when you are going on vacation, out of town for work, or any other long absence. If you have someone who can watch over your home while you’re away, it’s a good idea to pay them in cash.
Pack an Emergency Bag
When the unexpected happens, having an emergency bag packed with items like flashlights, batteries, food, and water will help you get through the difficult situation. Having this bag prepared before anything happens is key. You never know when something might happen so be prepared for the worst at all times.
Knowing the Las Vegas 2021 crime stats are important because there are always things that can happen outside of our control. Knowing what’s going on in our city helps us to prepare ourselves better for any future events that could threaten our safety or well-being. It’s important to learn about crime in Las Vegas and how to protect yourself from becoming a victim. Be safe in 2022 and always be prepared for the unexpected.